to dine at ease:
* Table settings are like road maps that guide you through the courses of a meal.
* Forks (except the seafood fork), are placed to the left of the plate.
* Glasses or crystal stem-ware are to the right of the dinner plate.
* Knives and spoons are placed at the right side of the plate.
* Remember the 'etiquette rule', solids to the left, liquids to the right.
* During the courses of a meal you pick up the silverware pieces from the outside in, toward your plate.
* Do try a little of everything on your plate.
* Napkins are to remain on your lap until the completion of the meal.
* Do compliment the host/ess on any aspect of the meal.